Saturday 3 November 2012

Ying Sin has got something to tell :)


“Hutch-e-lul-lul-o , hallo , salut , grüß GottΓεια σου , aloha , Namaste , ciao, こんにちは konnichi wa  , salve, Privet!, Guten Tag , hola , sawa dee-ka , ahn nyeong, nǐ hǎo, 你好, lei ho

Source: tinaurtuna.deviantart.com

Let me introduce myself, I am Ying Sin, sixteen years and four months old (to be precise) J Here, you might think that I’m too young to work and supposed to be enjoying school life and have fun with my fellow friends. However, my case is an exception. I am officially an intern and rookie here and totally have no idea what I need to do. Besides, eating, sleeping, daydreaming, and watching my favourite soap opera, reading page-turner, studying, preparing for exams; now, I have to brainstorm for more enlightening and bright ideas for this article.

Source: cartoonstock.com

Okay, it’s part of my job so I’ll take it. Seriously, everyday, everyone sits in front of a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a finite set of arithmetic or logical operations which in short is the computer, here in the (ta-da~) WeBUY operation site. I have got to tell you that if you are lack of adipose tissue, please bring along your whatever “protective clothing” by any chance you come over here to the office. If not, you might end up chattering your teeth here. Trust me because it’s freaking cold here. Brr… My fingers are freezing off…

Source from: school.discoveryeducation.com

Blah, blah, blah…… sorry for all the nonsense up there. Now, let us get into the main issues here. My work experience here is kind of, you can say fun and an eye opener for me. Learn what I never learnt, do what I never done, try what I never tried and so on. Life is one big action packed adventure, so enjoy it! Make the best out of every moment. Smile. Laugh. Cry. And don't be afraid to try. 

 Source from: h4training.blogspot.com

Honestly, the moments I had here with my colleagues or rather refer them as my friends are truly memorable, unforgettable and genuine. Though on the very first day of my work, I was not nervous, instead I felt rather looking forward to it and curious of how my work place’s going to be. And now as I think back, how I wish that time never flies and everything can just slow down for me because I still want to spend my time here with everyone. People said that time flies when you’re having fun and time also flies when you’re not having nearly enough fun.


Source from: lucassdocblog.blogspot.com

Also, now I’m going to talk about the awesome stuff here. I found that the coffee making machine here is rather amazing because it offers quite a lot of flavors such as honey green tea, white coffee, lemongrass (don’t know what that is and how it tastes like), teh tarik (don’t know how it pulls the teh inside, lol… ) Everyone here has a tag or a pass to enter or exit the office. Even I have one! 

The other unique thing about here is they have a tool box to keep their stationeries and their stuff which I think this is quite innovative and creative. At the same time, it can also save space and keep your work place neat and tidy. Okay, here’s another one which is cooler. 

Every lunch break, you get to go to One Utama for lunch. That’s really nice but sometimes it can be rather tough to make a decision on where to head for lunch as there are way too many options here. But do not worry because once you make decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
 Source from: jin12kim.wordpress.com

Have you read the article about WeBUYfrom The Star newspaper ? It noted that WeBUY.com.my wants to expand the MRC (Merchant Relation Consultant) team and create more job opportunities for younger generation. To be frank, the team is really dynamic.


It’s true that as digital era takes over the analog era, more people or in fact consumers prefer shopping online and browse through these sites for good shopping and F&B experiences. Here, WeBUY.com.my strongly demonstrates the trend by succeeding as a sustainable online shopping site in Malaysia.

As you know, the team is driven by a Gen-Y force that majority of them are tech savvy and creative in terms of brainstorming for bright ideas to drive the company forward.  They instantly come up with ideas to promote deals and attract consumers with not only great discounts but interactive campaigns too.

Robert Shaffer once said that we must view young people not as empty bottles to be filled but as candles to be lit. Gen-Y in WeBUY.com.my knows exactly what it wants and is able to position the deal with the right tone. And, I’m glad that I’m able to play a role within this dynamic and young team force!

Lots of people asked me why I came here for work experience. Actually, even I myself also don’t know why. What I know is that I have no other choice instead of coming here and it came out to be a very good and pleasant experience. Yes, I enjoyed it very much.

Source from: careerealism.com

So on my last day, actually I have nothing much to do, just chill out a bit and relax in other words typing all these which is what you’re reading now. J I know it’s kind of long and like never ending but I still have more to tell. So just sit back and read. 

Oh yes, haven’t mentioned about my supervisor. The first person I talked to in the office and she has helped me a lot with my work, giving me all the guidance and support. A huge thank you to her and of course all credits go to her. Without her, you won’t be reading this and I won’t be here to share with you all my experience. Not to forget about everyone here too, sitting in the office together and doing what we all supposed to do.

 Source from: thoughtsandnews.com

Also, I want to thank her for the small farewell party she and my fellow colleagues threw for me. We had a great time together. Last but not least, working experience is very fun and if by any chance you (teenagers) should experience as you never know you might discover something new and know making money is not easy. Before I end this, I just want to say I love you guys and WeBUY rocks forever and ever. I think that’d be enough because now I feel heavy hearted to leave now.

Source from: walking4air.wordpress.com

Written by: Ying Sin, Intern of WeBUY

No comments:

Post a Comment